I tried searcng for my original post so ts starts all over

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2012-8-8 19:54:07 | Show all posts |Read mode
Just talked to one of the guys who works for Kenny Duttweiler, he told me to swap my lifters out and see if the noise goes away.

Try running the engine with the valve covers off, look for all the pushrods to be spinning. Sometimes a long screwdriver can be used to feel for the knock if that is what it is.

lifters that cant keep up at that rpm dont leave metal in your oil and still sound right at idle.A area. Unless one of you know a shop that REALLY know Buick 350's here in L. Any suggestions on what to check next?

You say your getting &almost no oil& to the rockers, or not as much as you think there shoud be?Any other symptoms? Ticking, clacking? What is your oil pressure at hot idle in gear?By hot idle, I mean driving on the highway, or city for about 12-15 miles to get the oil up to temp, idiling in the driveway till the thermostat opens doesnt mean the oil is hot too, the engine needs to be under load to warm up the oil. after that your know you got real problems. Do you guys think it is worth just throwing a new set in or should I pull the block and do a complete rebuild.good excuse for a 10:1 rebuild

Sounds to me like your going to get up and personal with Mr.
New TA_1405J lifters, '70-'81 350 Stock Pushrods, 350 DOUBLE ROLLER TIMING SET, rear main set head gaskets, intake, timing cover,
Soaked lifters over night in a 10-30 oil and primed next evening and installed, used 40 weight racing oil with HIGH zinc and ALL of the pre lube that Tim sent me.I tried searching for my original post so this starts all over. check both ends of rockers and i. But the fun part i get almost no oil up to the rockers, Even after the car comes up to temp. reading at hot idle?

its not a main bearing.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-2-28 04:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.220314 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum