I am going to look at a 71 455 out of a electra

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2012-4-27 16:27:34 | Show all posts |Read mode
I was hoping it might be a good canidate for a rebuild down the road.

Originally Posted by BuicklessIt is a running motor that was just pulled out of a 71 Electra. Great compression, and oil pressure -

The guy is asking 8 or 900 bucks ? , not many of them come up in running condition around here that I have seen. It is a good motor.It was in running condition, and I have it on a stand running right now ready for a clean up. what would have been the horsepower for that motor . It is probably worth about $500 as is.

Last year I bought a 72 Riv GS (big valve heads) for $250 - it needs a rebuild, but came with a long shaft TH400. As Larry says the old HP ratings mean nothing if you are going to rebuild it.I am going to look at a 71 455 out of a electra. wow.

This spring I bought a 72 Riv GS $400 (hoping it has big valve heads too, I have not taken them off yet). I was hoping it might be a good canidate for a rebuild down the road. I can't tell you more than that. The big difference was the valves.

That 345HP rating would be Gross, not SAE Net like in 1972 and forward.

it comes with a edelbrock carb and the Q-jet as well

Would the electra 455 have that 345 hp rating , I did not realize they had that much.
it is a complete running motor still in the car. I can't tell you more than that. Sell the Edelbrock carb as it is never better than the orginal Qjet.

71 Stage-1 was 345 HP NOT the Electra. I can't tell you more than that.A good rebuild with cam and headers will easily surpass that.

Originally Posted by BuicklessIt is a running motor that was just pulled out of a 71 Electra.
He had it on Team buick for awhile , that is where I found it. what was the compression ratio , and what can you tell me about the heads .

it comes with a edelbrock carb and the Q-jet as well

Would the electra 455 have that 345 hp rating , I did not realize they had that much. I was hoping it might be a good canidate for a rebuild down the road. wow. I am on the fence weather to pick it up or not.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-3-31 04:31 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.217599 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum