I recently switched to a B4B intake with a Holley Street Avenger 870cfm carb

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2014-3-15 03:09:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
Like it ran out of gas.I have a stage 1 fuel pump and was told that it max's out at a 950cfm carb. Turned out the rubber fuel line back at the tank LOOKED OK, but was dry rotted and would suck air under acceleration and let the car fall on its face if pushed hard.

Originally Posted by '71buickg. If it falls flat, then slowly recovers it is likely a fuel delivery problem.I have a stage 1 fuel pump and was told that it max's out at a 950cfm carb.That is the best 60' in car ever.
Thanks for your help.I recently switched to a B4B intake with a Holley Street Avenger 870cfm carb.Like it ran out of gas.Took it to the track a couple weeks ago.That is the best 60' in car ever.I just think that they are pushed to close to the limit as soon as you start modifying. have YOU ever changed the rubber fuel line that runs from the tank to the metal fuel line along the frame? How about ALL the rubber fuel line in the system?

When I was a kid I had a 326 '66 LeMans that would do that exact thing.Any ideas as to what my problem is.

If the car falls flat at a given RPM in every gear, it is probably weak valve springs.Took it to the track a couple weeks ago.

Did the car pop and crack like would be caused by a lean condition? How did your spark plugs look after a pass?

Adding headers and an intake will require additional fuel, so larger jets should be installed in the carb assuming it was jetting correctly before.
Thanks for your help.s.

In the long run if you do not want to run electrics the JW pump will be a cheap investment.Something before the 1/8 the car just fell.

Before doing ANYTHING.I recently switched to a B4B intake with a Holley Street Avenger 870cfm carb. Make a pass and check plugs for rich/lean condition.Any ideas as to what my problem is.The car launched great 1.

I am not a fan of any stock fuel pump.94 60' on fully aired old BFG drag radials.

Good luck.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-5-24 19:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.195192 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum